This one's pretty obvious.. and since I haven't really done a post about her birth, I'll take this moment to talk all about my darling little girl.
First off, here is me; 3 days overdue, about to head to the hospital to be induced. Holy cow! I totally forgot how huge I was...

We got to the hospital at 6 am, and started the pitocin drip around 7:30. Around 8 the doctor broke my water. At some point I asked for an epidural, but before I could get one, the anesthesiologist got called into an emergency c-section and I had to wait like another hour and a half... it was awful! But once I got it, the pain disappeared and it was wonderful!! My friend, Katie, stopped in for a little while to visit, and it was really great! She's one of the first friends I made when we moved to Texas 14 years ago, and it meant a lot to me to see her. After they left, the contractions got worse and they felt just as bad as they did before the epi. I started pushing around 1, and on November 30 at 1:22 pm, Cecily was born!

She'll be 7 weeks old tomorrow.
She has been pretty consistently sleeping 6 hour stretches at night.
She is extremely particular about the way she's held, and hates to be put down for longer than 5 minutes.
She's got a birth mark on her ankle and another one (a tiny little red dot) on her back.
She LOVES her granddad. She can be screaming her head off and the second he picks her up, she is putty in his hands, but I think the feeling is mutual for both of them.
She is super strong and has been holding her head up and rolling over on her side since we got back from the hospital.
She's been smiling more and more and has the cutest dimples!
She loves it when people sing to her, especially primary songs.
She's been super chatty lately with all her gooing and cooing.
She's a cutie pie!
ReplyDelete