Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 23 - A travel story

Day 23 — A travel story
When I was 10, my dad had to go on a business trip to DC, so the whole family came along. We went up the east coast all the way to Canada and it was a blast. The following are highlights from "Chrystal's Vacation Journal". I'm not sure why, as a 10-year old, I decided to write in my journal everyday on this trip, but I'm so glad I did!!

"7/22/00 -- ...Then C.J almost ran the car off the road... "

"7/23/00. Chrystal’s vacation: Day 2. We’ve been riding in the car forever. It took like 16 hours to get to South Carolina.
...Carrie is going to work on her southern drawl. It’s pretty funny being in the South. Chrystal doesn’t know what a southern drawl is. Oh, well. (journal entry by Carrie) "


“7/24/00. Chrystal’s vacation: Day 3. Last night we couldn’t find our camp. Today we went to Washington D.C. first we couldn’t find anywhere to park, then we had to walk down a really long road to see the tomb of the Unknown Soldiers. ...I got a cut. I think it was from my tuna can. It still stings. ...In the car Me and Julie told G-man to turn around and he started yelling my dad got really mad and slapped Gideon and Carrie. He meant to only hit Gideon. Julie and Carrie were talking and Julie laughed and dad yelled at her! It’s hectic! ...Today I saw the statue of 6 men putting up the American flag.”

“7/25/00 Chrystal’s vacation: Day 4. ...After that we walked about 6 blocks to the White House to eat lunch. There was a carnival set up in the backyard. They had everything. Well the park had tables with chess Boards on them and these guys next to us were playing like in the movies! then we walked to the National Aquarium (everything here is national) there we got to see the pirhanas be fed. It was cool! All of them dove for the food at once."

“7/26/00 Chrystal’s vacation Day 5. Today we went to the zoo (national) ... We saw girafes, elephants and other common zoo animals. We saw sea otters, (my favorite thing) beavers and a whole building full of small mammals (2nd favorite) ...then we went and ate dinner at the FBI academy. The cafeteria had every state flag in it. It was cool! after that we went (with Dad) to the memorials and monuments. First we saw the Jefferson Memorial, Washington Monument, Vietnam Wall, Lincoln Memorial and Korean War in that order. It’s been a loong day. I’m so tired. I’m going to sleep now Bye!! Chrystal von Bose :)”

“7/27/00 Chrystal’s vacation: Day 6. ...This Japanese lady wanted a picture with me. (Because I have Blond hair.) ... We went to another Art Gallery and Mom got really mad at me. She told me I could stay on a bench and pout or go with the family and stop pouting. I stayed and pouted. 5 min. later she came back and yelled at me! She lied! We then went to these glass pyramids. Mom then got mad at C.J. ...Well we came back to the cabin and I get the sleepy giggles and everybody looked at me funny and made me laugh harder! I laughed for about 15 min! I couldn’t stop! Finaly I stopped and started writing. Well see ya! Chrystal von Bose :)”

7/28/00 Chrystal’s vacation: Day 7. We drove to Philedelpia to see the liberty bell and Independence Hall. Then we drove some more! We got to the campsite 10 MIN LATE! They wouldn’t let us go to our campsite but that didn’t stop us. We did it any way! Chrystal von Bose :)

“7/29/00 Chrystal’s vacation: day 8. We went to NEW YORK CITY! We rode the New York subway, got postcards, went to central park, went to the natural history museum, went to an aircraft carrier, saw the fastest plane in the world, went to the 86 floor of the empire state building, and The Top of the World! The New York Subway is not what I expected. It is smelly and dirty. There is grafiti everywhere. It does go pretty fast, a lot faster than the one in Washington D.C. ... The Empire State Building had a super long line. everyone in my family, except me and gideon, got some thing called a city pass that already had tickets my mom didn’t want to wait in line so me and gideon snuck up without tickets. It was only the 86 floor! I was sooo mad! Well, after that we went to the top of the world. It was a building that had 107 stories we went to the very top! it was freaky we were sooooo high. We could see the Statue of liberty. It is called the World Trade Center (Twins towers for short) Chrystal von Bose :)”

“7/30/00 Chrystal’s vacation Day 9. We drove and drove and drove. It was soooo boring. We got the campsite set up camp and slept Chrystal von Bose :)”

“7/31/00 Chrystal’s vacation Day 10. We walked along the beach and saw dead jellyfish washed up on shore and took a picture of it. There were also a ton of live ones the dead one was as big as dad’s hand! Other than that we drove to New Hampshire.”

“8/1/00 Chrystal’s vacation Day 11. We were supposed to go to the Alpine slides but it was closed. Then we drove, and drove, and drove! Then it was raining and the campground was closed so we stayed at Motor Inn. It was really nice sleeping in a real bed. Wow! If we had gone to the Alpine slides we wouldn’t have flush toilets! Well Bye, Chrystal von Bose :)”

“8/2/00 Chrystal’s vacation Day 12. Today we went to Palmyra and saw Hill Camora, Joseph Smith’s house, the sacred grove and the Palmyra temple Then we went to niagra falls. We ate dinner at a place called Giovanni’s. It was an Italian restaurant. Me and Carrie got spaghetti. It was probably enough for 4 people instead of 2! CJ got ravioli for 2 people and not 1! Gideon...”

Then for some reason, I didn't finish that last sentence and I didn't write for the rest of the trip. Weird. Sorry it was so long! Props if you made it all the way through. :)

1 comment:

  1. I think this is adorable! "Mom got really mad at me. She told me I could stay on a bench and pout or go with the family and stop pouting. I stayed and pouted. 5 min. later she came back and yelled at me! She lied!"

    SO FUNNY!

    ReplyDelete