Thursday, December 16, 2010

Day 2

Day 2: A picture of you last year and now and how you have changed since then




Last year's picture was taken on a trip we took over Christmas break to Kentucky where I met most of Jonathan's extended family for the first time. We spent a good majority of that trip traipsing around old cemeteries looking for Jonathan's ancestors. This particular cemetery was at the top of a hill, and it was quite the hike getting to it. I can't imagine carrying a casket up that hill... We were still fairly newly married, but had just started trying to have a baby.

This year's picture is of my very first day as a mother. That is obviously the biggest difference between this year and last. I definitely feel like I've grown a lot as a person this year. I've been in school ALL year (spring semester, maymester, summer, and fall semesters). As of now, I have one class left to take in the spring, and I'll graduate next May! I'm so glad that I don't have to worry that much about school anymore, and I can focus most of my energy into being a great mom to Cecily! I've never been one to fall in love with newborns, I tend to prefer toddlers. But, since I got pregnant, I was so anxious to meet this little kid, and I am completely smitten by her! I'm constantly amazed that I have a daughter, especially because it's been a little up in the air since I was like 14 whether or not I'd be able to have children, and I've spent most of the time since then trying to feel ok with the fact that I'd probably have to adopt kids, and not have my own. I am SO happy that I have her! She is the sweetest thing I've ever seen... and she has dimples, which I love! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment