Monday, December 27, 2010

Day 11 and 12

I took a break for Christmas.. but, we're back!

Day 11- A Favorite Book

When I was 10, my best friend, Katie Zinecker, tried to convince me to buy Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone at the Scholastic Book Fair at our school. I LOVED to read, so I finally gave in and got it. I think it took me about 3 days to read it, and I was instantly hooked. I borrowed the second one from her the next week and loved it as well. Over the course of the next 7 years I read all the books, went to the movies, went to the Wizard Wrock shows; the works. I'm a total nerd. I'd have to say my favorite one of the series is book 3 because I really liked learning about the background of Harry's parents and I think it's the first book in the series that can dive a little deeper into the real story and not just be an introduction.

Day 12- A Favorite Quote

"One word frees us of all the weight and pains of life. That word is love." --Sophocles.

No comments:

Post a Comment