My main man (besides Jonathan, of course) is my car, Oswald. I got him when I was 16 and we've been through a lot together. Stuffing 9 people in him to illegally go off campus and get slurpees during lunch at least once a week during my junior year of high school. Rolling the windows down with Kari during a traffic jam and asking people if they wanted pretzels. Jellybean fights. Hanging out with Tim the Raver while chalking people's driveways with Jessie, Katie and Delyn. Sitting on the trunk and eating cheeseburgers after school with Kyle, John and Brandon. Leaning against him and having long talks with Jonathan while we were dating and didn't want to say goodnight. Driving all over creation for Mad Science stuff.
Oswald's getting to be an old man, almost 13 years old. He's survived multiple surgeries and an accident. The doors, locks, and seat belts on his right side are very persnickety because they had to be replaced after this happened.

I love Oswald, but it's time for a new car. Unfortunately, we just had a baby and I've been too distracted to really look around. Luckily, though, I don't have many places to drive since I've stopped working, and he's held up this far. But, in the next year or so, me and Oswald will probably have to say our goodbyes. :(
In a perfect world, I'd love to buy this...
No comments:
Post a Comment