16: I'm grateful for my giant, awesome, and somewhat nosy family! We tend to be all up in each others' business, but it's all in good fun, and I love them all so much! Some of my fondest childhood memories are dinners at Grandma's house, sleepovers with my cousins, camping trips, and family reunions! On my mom's side, we are so close it's ridiculous. I don't see my dad's side as often, but I really feel like I've gotten to know a lot of them so much better over the last few years (thanks to facebook and stalking their blogs, mostly!). I know my family is a little overwhelming to Jonathan sometimes (who is an only child, and only has like 5 cousins), but I think he's gotten used to it and really likes having a big family now. :)
17: This one is kind of similar, but, I'm grateful that my family has a LOT of little kids in it. Sometimes, yes, it's crazy to have 15 little kids running around at Grandma's, but I've been around little kids a lot because of it, and I feel like I've learned a lot about parenting and it's definitely made me more comfortable as a mother. And, it means that Cecily will have lots of playmates as she grows up! Like, her awesome cousin, Shelby!

I tried to post yesterday that I LOVE these pictures of Cecily and Shelby but it wouldn't let me. So I'm trying again!
ReplyDeleteJohn still gets overwhelmed by the size of our ever-expanding family and we've been married for almost 9 years!
Shelby and Cecily are super adorable!