Ok, so, I don't do this often, but I'm going to brag for just a little bit. You don't have to listen, er, read if you don't want to. meh.
A year ago, I was pregnant and very morning sickness-y. I was taking 16 hours of classes, was working about 15 hours a week, was a lab assistant for one of my professors, and just found out that my graduation plans were going to be pushed back another semester. I was having a really hard time being motivated to study and do well in school. So, I decided that I was going to give myself a goal. I was right on the borderline (the lower side..) of being able to graduate "cum laude", so my new goal was to get my grades up enough to push myself over the line. And, I worked at it. Harder than I've ever actually worked at school. I finished the spring semester, and plowed right into a maymester class, followed by 2 summer classes, and another 4 classes in the fall. Had a baby 10 days before finals. Throughout all of that, (13 classes) I only made 3 B's, the rest were A's. So, did I make the goal? Heck yes, I did! Well, sort of. Not cum laude, but magna cum laude!!!! I love the feeling of accomplishing a goal, and even more so, the feeling of exceeding your own expectations!
I'm really going to miss college. There's nothing set out ahead of me now. I have to make my own path, whether that's going to grad school, popping out 6 more kids, maybe starting a business, traveling the world from Naval base to Naval base with my officer husband, or anything. It's kind of scary, but super exciting all at the same time. I'm just really glad that I have my Jonathan here with me so we can figure it out together. :)
Sorry for the boasting. I'm just really proud of myself...

No comments:
Post a Comment