9. Modern medicine. Oliver has had a rough week with his allergies, which went crazy and led to him getting infections in both ears and eyes. He has been miserable, but it's finally clearing up thanks to some awesome antibiotics! I'm so grateful that I can take my kid to the doctor and get him the help that he needs.
10. On a similar note, I'm super grateful for health insurance! Because, dang, medicine is expensive.
12. Car clickers. Seriously. I went a couple of weeks borrowing my parents' car while mine was in the shop, and it was ridiculous trying to drag the kids out to the car without my clicker to easily lock and unlock the doors. First world problem, yes.
13. My mom. She's one of my best friends. I love that she taught me how to sew and encouraged creativity throughout my life. And, having raised 5 kids, she's one of the first people I turn to for parenting and kid advice.
14. My dad. It's hard to feel bad about yourself when you're at the shooting range with your dad. My dad taught me to do all sorts of awesome things, like rock climbing, rappelling, and the aforementioned shooting. I went through a weird phase in high school and knowing that I could do some hardcore stuff helped me to have confidence and like myself.
15. CJ! We're pretty far apart in age, so we were never very good friends growing up. But, it's been awesome to watch his example with his wife and family over the years. He's always been a calming influence among the siblings, and there are times when we definitely need that. :)
16. Carrie! She is smart and beautiful and so adventurous! She taught me the life lesson to not care about what other people think of you, and that has served me very well throughout the years.
17. Julie! She's always been one of my best friends and I know I can count on her for anything. And it has been so much fun being stay-at-home moms together! I'm so lucky that she's awesome. :) and Cecily loves Ellie SO much and it's awesome.
18. Gideon! Growing up with Gideon as a little brother was difficult. We fought a LOT, which got a lot scarier as he got bigger and bigger, and then was a 13-year old who was 6 feet tall! But, as we got older and both got a little more mature, he became one of my favorite people to spend time with. I miss him, and I'm so excited for him to get home from his mission next year!
19. Jonathan's mom. She was a single mom for basically Jonathan's whole life. I can't imagine how hard that must have been, but she did an amazing job. She is one of Cecily's absolute favorite people. It's so cute to see how excited she gets to go see Granny. :)
20. Washing machines. Can you imagine having to hand wash everything?? I can barely get everything put away.
21. Computers. Life as a stay-at-home mom can be kind of isolating, and it's nice to be able to get online and talk to people and get a little bit of grown-up conversation. And it's an awesome way to stay in touch with friends who have moved away!
22. Hot showers. Especially after a long day.

No comments:
Post a Comment