Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Cecily is 2!

Our awesome little lady is 2 years old!

I have to admit, her 2nd birthday was way more exciting than her 1st, because she was SO excited! At 1 she didn't really know what was going on, but this year, she was all over the idea. She woke up to streamers hanging in her doorway and pancakes shaped like the letter "C" and the number "2"! She loved it! We went to have lunch with Daddy at work and spent the afternoon at the park and came home to watch her favorite movie of the month, Tangled. :)


We had a panda party because she LOVES her stuffed panda. We had a panda pinata, "Hello Panda" cookies, and panda cupcakes! 


She didn't get blow out her candles, because she was a little mesmerized. 


She got a lot of awesome presents, including this amazing tricycle that she can't figure out how to ride... haha. 


Cecily loves:
her panda (still)
frozen peas (still) and corn
her butterfly wings (and she demands that I wear mine any time she wears hers)
marbleworks
books
playgrounds
Tangled
Monsters Inc.
Beauty and the Beast
songs, her favorites right now are:
Wheels on the Bus, 
Do You See What I See? and,
Honey Honey from the Mamma Mia soundtrack
Super Why
running and jumping
giving Oliver kisses and helping change his diapers
picking pecans (we have a pecan tree right next to our house, and she's obsessed!)
hummus
raisins and pretzels



This kid is pretty amazing. She can name all the letters of the alphabet (capitals, not lower case) and has a ridiculous vocabulary. She loves to pick up (most of the time), and we rarely have a problem getting her to eat vegetables. I have been so blessed to have such an easy kid! 


The thing we've been working on lately is her shyness. When she's with a bunch of other kids, she just sits there and won't join in with the playing/singing/dancing/whatever. I know it's probably just part of her personality and I can't change that, but I do hope she grows out of it, at least a little bit. She's insanely clingy to me and I want her to be able to branch out and make friends. 





Pecans!!


It is adorable to watch them interact with each other!


2 comments:

  1. Man, I can't believe that you have 2 kids and that one of them is already a 2 year old. Its just mind boggling! We were in seminary drawing pictures what feels like a couple weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a delight! I love the pictures. I do have to tell you that my Miss Kyr was a seriously mom-clingy little one who was VERY hesitant about interacting with other kids. You can see how clearly that changed. Sometimes, I think it's the kids who are going to end up being very outgoing and social who feel the need to set their anchors in really deep to their home ground of Mom & Dad.
    Okay, I'm going to go look at the pictures some more because they just make me smile!! Happy Birthday, C!

    ReplyDelete