My mom lovingly calls me a crunchy granola hippie. It's kind of true, though. I use cloth diapers on my kids. My favorite hobby is thrift store shopping and reconstructing the clothes I find. I have a garden. One of my favorite things about shopping at Aldi is that they don't load everyone up on plastic grocery bags. Heck, I even make my own laundry detergent. (And isn't it great that all of these awesome things that are good for the environment are also SO much cheaper than the alternatives??)
I think it's carrying on to my daughter...
Cecily loves tofu, hardly ever eats meat, devours green beans and broccoli. She loves to be outside and help in the garden. A few days ago, she ran to the window and pointed outside and yelled, "TREES!! I love trees!!"
I'm so proud to be raising the next generation of tree huggers!
On a related note: on the way home from my grandma's house today, I saw the very starts of a rainbow. Jonathan and I had been talking about how much I liked them last week when we saw a tiny one. Well, in the 30-ish minutes it took us to get home, this rainbow turned into the most impressive rainbow I've ever seen! Of course, the pictures don't do it any justice at all. It was so bright and wonderful and HUGE!


No comments:
Post a Comment