Monday, February 6, 2012

Potty time!

A few weeks ago, I bought a toddler potty for Cecily and put it in her bathroom. She was only 13 months old, and not ready for potty training, but I just wanted her to get used to it being around and be comfortable with it. I explained to her what it was (though, how much she understood is impossible to tell...). I put her on it a few times last week to reinforce what the point is, but she wasn't showing much interest, so I stopped.

Well, tonight after we brushed her teeth, she started pointing to it. I ignored it at first because, well, the kid points at everything. Then she walked over to it and tried taking her pants off. I figured, "what the heck?", and took off her diaper and helped her sit down. About 5 seconds later, I hear a little tinkle, and her face lights up with the biggest grin! So, of course I clapped and gave her hugs and kisses and lots of praise. She was so proud of herself!! And I was so proud, too!

(disclaimer. Obviously, I know this doesn't mean she's potty trained, or anywhere near that. But, it was exciting!)

And, she's still doing the giant mouthed smile thing. And it's still adorable. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment