Sunday, April 3, 2011

Teething



The kidlet sticks everything in her mouth and is constantly chewing on something. This is my new favorite picture of her. :)

We went to the doctor last week and found out that she's now 13.5 lbs and 26 inches long. That puts her at 50% for weight and 95% for height. She's amazing! She gets a little fussy when she's around lots of people, and she does not like being in strange places. That makes me a tad worried for when we move to a new house eventually. It'll be a fun adjustment period, I'm sure.

Jonathan is still trucking along at school and work. I asked him what he wanted me to write about him and he said, "the world is not ready to handle what I have to offer." so, I'll just leave it at that.

As for me, I love being Cecily's mom! I go to class once a week, and it's kinda boring most of the time, but that's ok. I found out last week that I made the dean's list!! I'm pretty happy about that! Cum laude, here I come! Graduation is mid-May and, of course, there will be a party. :) I've also decided to get back into drawing and painting, so I started a sketch of Cecily. So far, so good, I think. :)

Conference this weekend was awesome!! My favorite moment was earlier today, Cecily was being really fussy, and I pointed to the President Monson speaking and said, "look, that's the prophet" and she stopped crying and stared right at him for like 10 minutes. Yeah, she's only 4 months old, but I like to think she can feel the spirit and knew that he is an important man. Jonathan and I both really liked Elder Scott's talk. It was so beautiful to hear him speak of the love he has for his wife, and it really inspired me to work harder at making sure Jonathan knows exactly how very much I love him. (I love you, Jonathan!! Even though you don't read the blog, therefore, won't see my cyber love note..)

This is getting long, so I'll end with some pictures. :)

Cecily's first Confrence!



Doodles made during conference. Oh yeah, and today is Jonathan's birthday! He's 25!!! A quarter of a century. Old fart. ;)



Cecily playing with papa... Notice I take all the pictures, therefore there aren't any of me...



And, Jonathan with his birthday present! A wooden puzzle of the palace of Westminster. I think he likes it. :)

1 comment:

  1. Aw, poor Chrystal. If only you had a cute kid! But, instead you're stuck with those BIG blue eyes, and that FACE OF HERS! That-that, that *smile!*

    ;)

    ReplyDelete