So, my hair is an awkward length. I thought maybe it would be good to grow it out. It hasn't been long for about 4 years. But, it doesn't look good worn down at it's weird not-short/not-long phase, so I put it up most days. Gideon says this makes me look like a "mom who has given up".
Thus, I have a question for all of my readers (like there's a lot of you. there's probably like 3). Should I continue trying to grow it out, or should I give up and cut it short and cute again? If I should keep growing it out, does anyone have any haircut/styling suggestions to make the ugly length cuter? I need help!
Here's the most recent picture of the blah hair...

Thus, I have a question for all of my readers (like there's a lot of you. there's probably like 3). Should I continue trying to grow it out, or should I give up and cut it short and cute again? If I should keep growing it out, does anyone have any haircut/styling suggestions to make the ugly length cuter? I need help!
Here's the most recent picture of the blah hair...

I know you already talked to me about this and I don't really even read your blog (I was particularly bored today), but I just felt so sad to see you reach out to your "readers" and get no response. So I think you should let me cut it. :)
ReplyDeleteMaybe you could cut some layers and long-ish bangs? You've seen my hair, though so you probably shouldn't take my advice. :)
ReplyDeleteI feel you should stick with it and grow it out and keep getting just trims to clean it up. Once you get it to your desired length, if you still don't like it, then you can donate to Locks of Love. ^_^
ReplyDeleteIt ultimately breaks down to what you like (and what your hubby likes, too, IMO).
ReplyDeletePersonally, I love having long hair. Part of the main reason I *don't* cut it is because it's the stereotypical "mom" thing to do. Have baby, cut hair. So it's kind of a rebellion against that - long hair was good enough for me before I became a mom, and it's good for me now, too. I guess it's lucky for Matt, since he loves long hair. ^_~
I had this same issue about a month ago. I do a thing where every few years I cut it to shoulder length and do a locks of love donation, but my hair only gets so long before it starts to bug me and I cut it.
ReplyDeleteThis year I decided to do something different.. I'm going to let it grow as long as it can :-)
If you're going to grow it out, always go with face framing cuts. That way, if you hate it and you always wear it up... at least part of it still makes you look cute and adorable!
Thanks for the advice! I think I'm gonna add layers to the current length and keep growing it out. :)
ReplyDeleteI thought your hair looked really great at the wedding all flat ironed out. I bet if you thinned it out a little it would be easier to do that more often. Noelle still cuts hair if you are looking for someone to do it!
ReplyDelete