Total emo post. Sorry.
Jonathan has been gone for 3 months now. A couple of days after he left I realized just how much of my time was spent with him. For the first time since I was 17, I have free time. And lots of it. It's been kinda fun. I planted a garden, which was promptly dug up and pooped in by my neighbors' cats. I've taken up crocheting again, and have made an unhealthy amount of crocheted flowers and hats. I bought myself a giant canvas and when I get the nerve I'm going to try my hand at painting again. I've painted giant yellow stripes in my craft room. I've discovered that I actually enjoy cleaning. I can finally start using all of the fabric that I accumulated working at fabric stores for 2 years. I've even gone running a few times, until the jogging stroller got a flat tire. I haven't found the motivation to fix that yet.. I've even had time to watch TV. Weird.
As awesome as it's been to get in touch with old hobbies and try my hand at new ones, the truth of it is, I've been exhausted all day, yet I still stayed up until midnight tonight sewing Cecily some shirts. Not because she needed them, or even because I really wanted to. But because going to bed is so freaking lonely, I hate it, and I dread it every night.
But hey, at least Cily gets some cute clothes out of it...
Jonathan has been gone for 3 months now. A couple of days after he left I realized just how much of my time was spent with him. For the first time since I was 17, I have free time. And lots of it. It's been kinda fun. I planted a garden, which was promptly dug up and pooped in by my neighbors' cats. I've taken up crocheting again, and have made an unhealthy amount of crocheted flowers and hats. I bought myself a giant canvas and when I get the nerve I'm going to try my hand at painting again. I've painted giant yellow stripes in my craft room. I've discovered that I actually enjoy cleaning. I can finally start using all of the fabric that I accumulated working at fabric stores for 2 years. I've even gone running a few times, until the jogging stroller got a flat tire. I haven't found the motivation to fix that yet.. I've even had time to watch TV. Weird.
As awesome as it's been to get in touch with old hobbies and try my hand at new ones, the truth of it is, I've been exhausted all day, yet I still stayed up until midnight tonight sewing Cecily some shirts. Not because she needed them, or even because I really wanted to. But because going to bed is so freaking lonely, I hate it, and I dread it every night.
But hey, at least Cily gets some cute clothes out of it...

Okay, I just might need one of those brown shirts for Shelby for Fall. Wouldn't it look adorable with a blue long sleeved shirt underneath? I'll come over and sew with you sometime! I want to make Shelby a couple of dresses.
ReplyDeleteLong sleeve blue shirt was exactly what I had in mind!!! and, I totally have extra fabric. I got it for 99 cents a yard at this place in Dallas. :)
ReplyDelete